If you're not comfortable typing commands into Terminal, just use the DiskMaker X app above.
Getting the OSX Installer App
You will be prompted to enter in your user password. Then, you'll see a list of processes on the terminal screen that read:. This process runs a special mode built into the OS X Yosemite installer that can create installable media. The disk you're copying the media onto becomes bootable, too.
The process takes less time than DiskMaker X, but you'll need to follow the instructions exactly. Don't move the installer to another folder, and make sure you don't have more than one disk drive titled "Untitled" connected to your machine. Restart your Mac and hold down the Option key immediately. Select "Disk Utility" and then select your main hard drive.
Press "Erase" on the volume. Go back to the main menu and choose "Install OS X.
- Perform a Clean Install of OS X Yosemite on Your Mac;
- How to Create a Bootable Install USB Drive of Mac OS X Yosemite « Mac Tips :: Gadget Hacks.
- Subscribe to RSS.
- external hard drive compatible with mac and pc!
- Create the Yosemite install drive: The options.
- Get the Gadget Hacks Daily.
- macadelic mac miller full mixtape.
We're using cookies to improve your experience. Click Here to find out more.
Tech Like Follow. This will download a 5.
How To Create Mac OS X Yosemite Bootable USB Using DiskMaker X
This is far and away the easiest way to create a bootable copy of OS X Yosemite. To continue with using Terminal, follow the steps below.
- How to Do a Clean Install of OS X Yosemite.
- Getting the OSX Installer App?
- How to make your own bootable OS X 10.10 Yosemite USB install drive!
- Shop by category;
- 11 posts in this topic!
- OS X Yosemite 10.10 Bootable Installer on USB Drive for Mac MacBook Recovery.
- OS X Yosemite bootable USB!
- find out login password on mac!
- How to make a bootable OS X 10.10 Yosemite install drive.
- Coolest Guides On The Planet.
Paste the following command into the Terminal window and hit enter: 3. Though, if you want to support the developer, you can purchase the full version. Remember that all the data in the USB will be erased. Make sure you take off any important documents. Right-click the TransMac software icon and Run as administrator.
Yosemite bootable usb image - Apple Community
No kidding. It could take one or two hours to complete the process depending on your computer and other variables. Sign up to join this community. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top. Home Questions Tags Users Unanswered. Ask Question. Asked 4 years, 2 months ago.
Active 3 years, 5 months ago. Viewed 12k times.
Is it possible or not? JakeGould DSaad DSaad 2 2 gold badges 7 7 silver badges 17 17 bronze badges. Instructions Download and install a copy of TransMac , which is the software that will make everything happen. In the warning dialog box, click Yes. So since you're self-answering I'm assuming the above worked for you and you now have OS X up and running on your Macbook? This did NOT work for me. I followed the procedure precisely.
I had to use Carbon Copy Cloner to get past that.