All it requires is a single Terminal command and a few seconds of time. Before we begin, however, we first should drop into the screensaver settings and make sure we have the one we want to display. There is also a small application called Wallsaver that accomplishes the same thing, though it appears this app has not seen any development since On the other hand, the command to accomplish this is kind of long and unwieldy so an app may make sense for some people.
7 ways to lock your MacBook
The Best Tech Newsletter Anywhere. Join , subscribers and get a daily digest of news, comics, trivia, reviews, and more. Windows Mac iPhone Android.
- Mac: Setting Screen Saver from the CLI.
- big fish games mac free downloads.
- ace of spades mac download link.
- jdk 32 bit mac os.
- borderlands 2 mac coop lan.
- Apple Footer?
- Other methods of locking your Mac?
From the Apple menu:. Select Lock Screen from the Apple menu to immediately require a password to use the Mac.
One quick way to immediately identify a Mac from the lock screen is to add a Lock Screen Message. Now when your Mac screen is locked, it not only displays the login screen but also your message see screenshot below :.
- enregistrer une chanson sur mac.
- How to Use a Screensaver as Your Background on OS X.
- Easy Mac Hacks: Set Screen Saver as Desktop Background | TechRadar.
- Hint Options.
- Automated screensaver configuration in command line/shell script.
- The Fastest Way to Lock or Sleep Your Screen in macOS (Mac OS X).
- macOS: How to Add a Screen Saver Icon to Your Dock - The Mac Observer;
The lock screen message. The Lock Screen message can help return a lost MacBook to you and also sort out the owner of one of a number of identical Mac laptops! Name required.
Easy Mac Hacks: Set Screen Saver as Desktop Background
Email required. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Notify me of new posts by email.
Leave this field empty.